Join now - be part of our community!

C:\Infineon Directory?

sameralnasir
Visitor

C:\Infineon Directory?

Hi,
I'm checking my Vaio VGN -sz3VP/X which I bought just now, and I'm finding the directory C:\Infineon in the C unit, why is't this directory, because I couldn't find any program using Infeneon's products.
Also, in the unit D, I have the directory D:\Click to DVD 2 with no any content, and D:\VAIO Entertainment with a database, why theise directories,and which database are Vaio making?
Thanks,
:heart_eyes: :thinking:

5 REPLIES 5
skykit84
New

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly.
Do you want to know why you have a Infineon folder in your C:\ ?

If so, the reason is that part of the sony install, you have Infineon installed. It is a Infineon Security Platform Solution

I think by default, it is disabled in the BIOS too.

I can't tell you much about it because although I pretty much know 99% of the apps on most laptops, this is one app that looks like it will fry my brain cells working out how it works!

But anyway, you can find a shortcut to it in your start menu called Manage Security Platform or in Control Panel and its called Infineon Security Platform. I hope this answers your question.

As for your second question, I steered away from the Sony Media stuff, but from what I gathered, the database is of your music. For instance, you have a album CD, it downloads the "information" of the tracks and stores it into the database. The same goes for MP3s and Videos. Correct me if I'm wrong though but I only used the product once before having a clean install.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi sameralnasir and welcome to Club Vaio.

Your new VGN-SZ3VP/X has the latest Infineon TPM Professional Package installed. This is used mainly to encrypt data and add security to online connections (usually when connecting to your company's IT systems).

This is a security application for professionals.

The empty directories on your 😧 drive are to accept imported video and music. Placing these on your 😧 drive protects them from loss if you have to reinstall your operating system and programs on drive C: You should also make sure that My Documents/Picture/Music are also configured to save to the 😧 drive.

:wink:

skykit84
New

I was half way correct... 😆

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Good evening Akash.

You were close enough !!!!!!

:smileygrin:

PainKiller
Visitor

Hi,
I was received an error message from Infineon Platform Tool: "Resource file not found!" Everytime I start my laptop or open Control Panel, the error appeared. Does anyone know what's happened to the Infoneon Platform and how to resolve it? Thx