Join now - be part of our community!

C1Z WWAN Setup?

MrMarf
Visitor

C1Z WWAN Setup?

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how I go about getting the WWAN service enabled?

Thanks

Sam

9 REPLIES 9
MrMarf
Visitor

Anyone??

VaioWoman1
Visitor

I am no expert :wink: , but if you are talking about Wireless Lan and assuming you have a router, then you slide the Switch over at front edge of your laptop - a light will show it is on and after it's a case of point to Start, Connect to, Show all Connections and if Wireless Network Connection is disabled then click and Enable. Click on it again and View all wireless Connections, Under Network Tasks - Refresh Network List, select your Router and the rest is self explained of what you will need e.g. WEP Key! If I understood what you asked then this is one direction you can take. You most probs have a Green Switcher Utility in your system tray which switches between Wireless & Bluetooth. All general information is on "My Documentation"
section of desktop. Good Luck! :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

thecloud.net offers WWAN, but you need to be near their hotspots.

Is this what you wanted to know?

VaioWoman1
Visitor

Thank Kee-Lo, I should have realised! :slight_smile:

kee-lo_

You never know I might be wrong....

Could you clarify what you wanted Sam?

MrMarf
Visitor

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies so far and the link

Basically I just wanted to know how I would go about setting up WWAN on my laptop.

WLAN isn't a problem, got it connected to my wireless router at home straightaway. :smileygrin:

All I really know about WWAN is that it is wireless internet on the go, but I am unsure if the C1Z has the hardware built in to connect to the services offered, or if I need to purchase new hardware for it.

I assumed it was built in due to the WWAN light next to the WLAN light, but from what I've read you need a sim card, and I cant see anywhere to install one on the laptop itself.

Any advice gratefully received

Cheers

Sam

kee-lo_

Sam,

TheCloud needs you to be in one of their hotspots, but if you wanted this sort of thing you would need a Vodafone 3G card - or even T-Mobile's Web n Walk 3G card. These are both PCMCIA.

It aint cheap.

MrMarf
Visitor

Ah OK I understand now, so the cloud is like distributed WLAN.

I think I'll leave it then, I dont wanna get tied into a pricey 3G Contract or get any new hardware.

Thanks Kee-lo :smileygrin:

kee-lo_

Hi Sam

No problem, I totally agree, it's very expensive. I know you can get fixed prices now but they're £30. Nowadays you can get an NTL 10mbit connection for this price!