Join now - be part of our community!

can i uninstall vaio zone?

cucca
Visitor

can i uninstall vaio zone?

Hello all,
i have a VGN-FS215M notebook, and for listen music and watch films i use the ms mediaplayer. I tryed to use the vaio zone software but it wants a server and so, in my case it's unusefull. For me is a lot better the mediaplayer. What if i uninstall the vaio zone? Are there some other software I could safetly uninstall after vaio zone?

thanx for your help
Have a nice day
Cucca

6 REPLIES 6
Lizzie
Visitor

Personally I'd leave it alone. Is it being a resource hog or does it take up alot of space on the C drive? If it is just a resource hog, just change the setting so that it doesn't start up.

GattoMatto
Visitor

Sure you can, from all software that Sony supply I found useful only Adobe Acrobate . All the rest I have removed imideatly after instalation.

cucca
Visitor

Lizzie:
The vaio software don't take a lot of space but... i don't like to have unusefull things installed. Anyway i want the vaio update that's very usefull for me 🙂

GattoMatto:
I found usefull also the NIS2005 and the vaio update :slight_smile: The acrobat reader installed in my notebook was the older version 🙂

grazie 1000 gattomatto 😉

thanx all
Cucca

Lizzie
Visitor

I'm sure you could uninstall everything if you wish. Just do a backup and/or system restore update to be sure. :slight_smile:

Acrobat - I still have the copy I got with my software but it is now version 7.03. Check your edit>preferences>update. You can have it automatically updated or manually in help>check for updates now...

Matter of fact all the software I got even though I don't use some of them e.g. Abode Premier I always open them every now and again and up date, manually (which is usually under the help tab) or have the auto update ticked if the option is there.

DORU
Visitor

yes, start/control panel/ add or remove programs/ vaio zone (click on remove)...:smileyhappy:

Eugenepang
Visitor

i would recommend you turn it off from start-up instead of uninstall it... who knows what gonna happen in future? :slight_smile: