Join now - be part of our community!

Can someone please help me, i have a code 39????

profile.country.en_GB.title
louisa-81
Visitor

Can someone please help me, i have a code 39????

Hello,

Can someone please help me, i have a Sony Vaio PCG 7154M I tried putting Norton Security on my laptop

and the dvd/Cd drive won't read the disc. I went into Device Manager and it had a yellow ! inside a triangle when I  clicked into it it came up with a code 39.  Does anyone know what this means????

Thanks Louisa-81

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Louisa-81 and welcome.

If Device Manager is reporting an error code of 19, 31, 32, 37 or 39 for the drive then it is probably a registry problem. I recommend that you backup your registry before proceeding, have a look here if you are unfamiliar with this.
Then:
1.Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter. Or type Regedit in the search field and then double click on Regedit (under Programs)
2. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and locate UpperFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.
3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.
4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created.
If you are not comfortable with editing the registry then there is an automated script available at Kellys-Korner that will do this for you – line 339 second column. EDIT - well it was at line 339 but seems to have been moved although I am sure it is in there somewhere....
After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat