Join now - be part of our community!

can someone please help me! urgent!

jhson114
Visitor

can someone please help me! urgent!

i have sony x505, and i need to reformat my harddrive. now, the laptop wont boot usb floppy drive or usb cd drive. what do i do?? is there a way to get the laptop to recognize the usb floppy at boot up so i can go into dos and do stuff from there on?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

You can configure that in the BIOS. Start your VAIO, if you can see the VAIO-Logo you must click F2. There you must set the USB drive as start device.

Stephanius
Visitor

i have sony x505, and i need to reformat my harddrive. now, the laptop wont boot usb floppy drive or usb cd drive. what do i do?? is there a way to get the laptop to recognize the usb floppy at boot up so i can go into dos and do stuff from there on?

You can boot from all Vaio branded external drives.
There is a i.link DVD-Burner bundled with the X505, so that should be no problem.

If for some reason you do not have the original Vaio DVD-Burner anymore, the cheapest way is to search for a used Vaio optical drive on ebay. All Vaio CD or DVD drives will do the job, no matter if its an old PCMCIA card based drive like the PCGA-CD5, -CD51, -CDRW52 or any of the newer i.link drives.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Thanks for the info