Join now - be part of our community!

Can't Register Media Center Product for eSupport

wwarby
Visitor

Can't Register Media Center Product for eSupport

I've created a login and password for Vaio eSupport (https://e-support.vaio-link.com/eSupport) but when I try to "Instantly register your product into our Database system", I get the following message:

Your Serial number could not be registered. An automated request has been sent to our e-Support Team to contact you in the shortest delay possible to assist you with the registration.

My serial number is 28226850 ####### (where the 7 hashes are real numbers. I read it off the back of the PC and I'm sure it's the right one. I haven't been contacted yet, although this only happened early this morning. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else because already I'm champing at the bit to get some support for my new product!

-William

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi William and welcome to Club Vaio.

Your Serial Number looks OK. If you have Vaio Control Centre in Control Panel, you can check the number under System Information.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to contact Support until Monday. If you don't hear from them, try phoning them HERE

:wink:

wwarby
Visitor

Hi William and welcome to Club Vaio.

Your Serial Number looks OK. If you have Vaio Control Centre in Control Panel, you can check the number under System Information.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to contact Support until Monday. If you don't hear from them, try phoning them HERE

:wink:

Thanks for the tips :wink: I'll check my serial number in a minute from the Vaio Control Center and try contacting them again. Incidentally, the product registration page has a field for "Warranty / Insurance Contract Number" next to which it says "Should you have a warranty to register, please add it here (only needed for VAIO customers)". I don't have one of those do I? It does say "only needed for VAIO customers" but how many people on the site https://e-support.vaio-link.com aren't going to be VAIO customers? I didn't buy an extra warranty of any kind, and I couldn't see any warranty number within my documentation.

-William

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi William,

The field for "Warranty / Insurance Contract Number" is used if you have bought the VAIO Plus 2: +2 year warranty extension (PCGEVPW2) or similar.. :slight_smile: