Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot create recovery disks

SOLVED
sosmaher
Explorer

Cannot create recovery disks

I'm having terrible problems trying to create recovery disks on my new Vaio laptop (model SVF1531C5E).

I've had numerous e-mail contacts with the Support Desk at Sony, but with no success. The latest e-mail gave me 3 options, the final option being a full recovery back to factory settings. After attempting all of these options (including the full recovery), I am getting the following message when I select the "create recovery disk" option under Vaio care desktop: "You need to install VAIO Care Recovery to activate the create recovery media function. Would you like to download and install it from VAIO update?" When I click OK and go to the VAIO update centre, there is no option to install VAIO Care Recovery. Is there any solution out there? This is my second time doing a full recovery back to factory settings, but to no avail. Many thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sosmaher
Explorer

Thanks a million Rich. That worked for me - really appreciate it! I've been tearing my hair out on this one. What makes it really frustrating is that I had suggested this fix to my Customer Support agent as I had seen this download available for different models but it was not specified for my own model type. I asked if it might work for my problem but it seems to have been ignored and I was given other suggested fixes which didn't work. I didn't have the guts to go and do it myself for fear of corrupting my software. I can only echo PhilTromb's sense of frustration with Sony. I expected a higher quality build (and service) from Sony and am somewhat disappointed. Hopefully, I will be proved wrong once I get up and running with the new laptop.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sosmaher,

Try the solution that worked for ‘PhilTromb’…

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/PCs-Accessories/Solved-issue-of-not-being-able-to-create-recovery-med...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
sosmaher
Explorer

Thanks a million Rich. That worked for me - really appreciate it! I've been tearing my hair out on this one. What makes it really frustrating is that I had suggested this fix to my Customer Support agent as I had seen this download available for different models but it was not specified for my own model type. I asked if it might work for my problem but it seems to have been ignored and I was given other suggested fixes which didn't work. I didn't have the guts to go and do it myself for fear of corrupting my software. I can only echo PhilTromb's sense of frustration with Sony. I expected a higher quality build (and service) from Sony and am somewhat disappointed. Hopefully, I will be proved wrong once I get up and running with the new laptop.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome sosmaher.

This problem has now been pointed out to Vaio-Link, so hopefully it will soon be corrected.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat