Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot Factory reset

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Kango2012
New

Cannot Factory reset

Hi,

My son has a sony viao VPCM13M1E notebook , I have reset it before using F10 , and viao recovery to factory settings, however on trying to do this again I get a 'cannot copy folder' error , I assume something in the recovery partition got corrupted.

Is there another way to do this? would it be expensive to get fixed at a sony center,it's out of warranty.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: RobMassie

Added correct model number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi RobMassie,

It would seem that either the recovery partition is corrupt or there is a problem with the hard drive.

If you created the recovery disks then you could try restoring using these. Otherwise you could order a set from Support - approx. cost €60. You will need to contact Support on the OOW number which from the UK is 0905 0310006.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi RobMassie,

It would seem that either the recovery partition is corrupt or there is a problem with the hard drive.

If you created the recovery disks then you could try restoring using these. Otherwise you could order a set from Support - approx. cost €60. You will need to contact Support on the OOW number which from the UK is 0905 0310006.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat