Join now - be part of our community!

Fn problem and software error for VPCEH3L1E/W

profile.country.ro_RO.title
foravis
Visitor

Fn problem and software error for VPCEH3L1E/W

Hello, I own the notebook model above and i've installed a new windows edition. After I've downloaded all the applications from notebook model online page, Fn functions still doesn't work. I've read more posts from this forum and i've tried to install in this order Shared Library and then Utilities but for Utilities software i get this error: "This update is not intended for use with your computer model". Has anyone experienced this behaviour? Thanks in advanced.

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi foravis,

There have been at least 3 reports on the forum during the last week of problems getting the Fn keys to work on the VPCEH3 after a fresh install of Windows - at least one has the same error message you are receiving.

https://www.sony-europe.com/discussions/message/800591#800591

Can you confirm that the SFEP driver is correctly installed and also let us know which version of Win 7 you have clean installed?

Armed with this information we can see whether Support can throw any light on this problem.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
foravis
Visitor

I think is correctly installed... i mean i didn't received any error during instalation.. if you could give me more details about this, then i could tell you more. Now i'm running Windows 7 (64) Home Premium. Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi foravis,

Have a look in Device Manager - if it does not have the drivers installed correctly there will be a yellow bang next to the device. Otherwise it will appear under Human Interface Devices (Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device) and will be reported as working correctly.

Interesting that you have installed Home Premium as the member in the thread that I linked has installed Win 7 Ultimate and I had assumed that the problem was linked to that version - it would seem not...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
foravis
Visitor

No, there aren't any yellow signs and the Extension Parser is ok. Maybe is something related with 64 versions of windows.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

As this model was released with a 64 bit OS that should not be the case.

We will see whether Support can provide further assistance but as this will need to be escalated further up the chain it will not be a rapid process. As and when we receive any feedback it will be posted here...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
foravis
Visitor

Thanks, hope to hear some news soon...

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thank you for posting on the Sony Forum.

In an effort to give a quick and correct answer to your question, one of the forums experts has escalated your post to our Technical Support team, who will provide them with the information required as quickly as possible.

You can expect one of the forum experts to get back to you with the answer very soon.

Best regards

The Sony Team

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
foravis
Visitor

Hello again... As I'm waiting for a response I have one more question.... The two buttons "Assist" and "Vaio" are setted through same application as "Fn" buttons? Because for the moment I have no action on them.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Yes I believe that those buttons also rely on the same software utility.

No response from Support as yet - will chase tomorrow...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat