Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot keep wireless connection

Gadjet1963
Visitor

Cannot keep wireless connection

I cannect to the BT Hub and after about a few mins the wireless connection goes to disable. On trying to fix this the laptop runs very slowly, and all network icons take a long time to load if at all.

Any help would be much appreciated yet.

Cheers,
Gadjet

7 REPLIES 7
pswillies
Visitor

I'm also having issues with my wireless connection with my AR21S.

On powering up from cold, the wireless and bluetooth lights both light up and windows shows the wireless lan as having connected ok to my router.

A short while later (say, 10 minutes) the wlan light goes out and the connection eventually shows as disabled in the network connections dialog. All attempts to access network properties dialogs then result in the machine crawling along at a snails pace while it tries to access the disabled card. No amount of flicking the wireless switch or enabling/disabling of the connection seems to help it. Rebooting will occasionally bring it back up.

Any suggestions?? I've only had it a day and it's doing my head in!! :thinking:

Paul
:slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Gadjet1963 & pswillies, welcome to the forum.

Are you running on battery or mains power? If battery then check your Power Management settings for this device in Device Manager. Make sure that “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” is not selected.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
pswillies
Visitor

Running on mains power.

I disabled the power management stuff earlier as that seemed like the obvious answer, but that didn't help. :slight_frown:

I'm installing new drivers at the moment. I'll let you know if that helps.

pswillies
Visitor

Just installed updated driver/software from here and it seems to be working ok (touch wood)... connection has been up for almost an hour with no interruptions.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Good news pswillies, it’s a shame that this is not available for download from Vaio-Link as this does seem to be a common issue.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
Tiggerssprings
Visitor

I am having a simular problem with my bt home hub my wireless icon now has a red cross on it i have tried keying in the wireless key but with no luck bt reckon my wireless adaptor needs to be reconfigure should I try and update the driver if i should how do i find the right driver. Hope you can help. i have a vgn-fs285h

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tiggerssprings,

A red cross could mean that your wireless device is not enabled, try double clicking the icon and selection enable.. :thinking: