Join now - be part of our community!

Keyboard problems!! on a number of Vaio's

simon.glencross
Visitor

Keyboard problems!! on a number of Vaio's

I have 15 Sony Vaio Laptops and on a number of these machines the typeon the keys is either fading or has completely faded away. - When I contacted Sony Vaio link I was informed that this is classed as general wair and tair and would be chargable at a cost of £140.00 per keyboard. To add to this I was also told that the machine aftected would need to be sent away to have them replaced. To say the least I was astonished at this, general wair and tair my argument to this was if I had a standard keyboard in the same enviroment the type would not and has not faded at all. A number of these machine also have a problem whereby the silver plastic finish around the mouse pad where your wrists make contact with it are also wairing away. Some of these machines are located in public areas of the hotels for staff use but are seen my clients / customers and as you can imagine they are looking very unsightly. I was considering purchasing a number of additional machine for other properties but I am now very reluctant to do so. I wonder if anyone else has experianced such problems? or can anyone offer any suggested solutions to my problems? Kind Regards S

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear of your problems.. :slight_frown:

Are your Vaio's within warranty, if so I would contact Vaio-Link again as this is not an isolated problem, here is a similar thread regarding keys greying out and the paint peeling..

Unfortunately as fas I am aware Adam Dorrell does not work for Sony any more, so I'm afraid he will not be able to assist.. :slight_frown:

If you have no joy with Vaio -Link you could check the prices of replacement keyboards from Nexttronics, they are a US based company, however they do ship worldwide.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Simon

As it's 100% coverage (all VAIOs having this issue) I would tell them that this is unacceptable and that if they do not assist you - you can always go to trading standards - I am sure they have the same for business consumers.

Amazes me how Sony can be such "head in the sand" merchants