Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot use Sony VAIO-Link Chat Service

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
perfectlarry
Visitor

Hi, I recently posted a question on here about my laptop because I was having some problems with my Blu-ray drive. I was informed that there there is a poor connection in the wiring between the drive and the main board and it needs an engineer to look inside.

I went to Sony Vaio support and talked to someone on the Link-chat service and he told me that DHL will come and collect my laptop on Tuesday for repair.

I was working on Monday and when I came home my little brother said DHL came to collect the laptop....

I was going to write down exactly what my problems were and send them off with the laptop on Tuesday but DHL came for the laptop a day earlier or the person on Sony-vaio chat service gave me the wrong day.

For some reason I cannot use the Link chat service. I need to make sure the engineer knows exactly what the problem is so he can fix it. I dont want the laptop to return without being fixed or that they couldnt diagnose a problem. I briefly explained to the person on the chat service that the Blu-ray drive is not recognised.

I need the engineer to know that sometimes the Blu-ray drive is recognised and sometimes it is not. I can also hear some wierd electrical noises coming from the laptop (I am sure this is not normal) and once the laptop made a high pitched sound and the screen went black and then I heard a loud bang and the laptop restarted...

I have emailed Sony Vaio about this and they said they will get back to me within 48 hours but I need an immediate response.

I have also tried ringing Sony Vaio numerous times but they say my serial number is incorrect or not recognised.

What is the best course of action to take?

PS, My laptop is almost brand new, I have not even had it for a week. I also just recieved a text message informing me that Sony Vaio repair centre has received my laptop.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

I've been informed that your vaio has been repaired (replaced optical drive) and is on it's way back to you..:smileyhappy:

As to the

For some reason I cannot use the Link chat service.

This can occur if all the agents are busy with other customers..:smileywink:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

do you have a case number, if so could you send it via Private Message to either  Blencogo or me please?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks got your PM & replied..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

I've been informed that your vaio has been repaired (replaced optical drive) and is on it's way back to you..:smileyhappy:

As to the

For some reason I cannot use the Link chat service.

This can occur if all the agents are busy with other customers..:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
perfectlarry
Visitor

Sure, I will forward all the details to you right now. Thanks

huseynatacelik
Explorer

huseynatacelik
Explorer

web sitesine baglanılmıyor.

huseyina