Join now - be part of our community!

CANON POWERSHOT A85

scaramanga
Visitor

CANON POWERSHOT A85

Hi!
Does anyone know why I cannot download directly from my canon A85 to the VP. Please don't tell me they are not compatible!
Cheers

16 REPLIES 16
DiabloVaio
Visitor

Pushing the button when lit instigates a print of the currently displayed image (based on the connected printer's default settings) or an automatic transfer of images to the PC

Do you have this button? was it turned on when you connected your camera to your VP? Did you push it?

GlenCraib
Visitor

if you are trying to download pictures to you vaio pocket then sadly it is the wrong camera as you need to use a sony siber shot

M16025
Visitor

I use a card reader like the one here:

http://www.dane-elec.fr/scripts/home/publigen/content/templates/TPL_ADV_INFO_C2_S2.asp?P=243&L=EN

No problem with any kind of mem card.
VP transfers everything from any card.

scaramanga
Visitor

The idea was to transfer directly from my camera to the VP hence using my VP as hard drive to store picture when my camera card is full. I.e when I am on holiday1
sadly I came to the conclusions that VP does not support Powershot A85

M16025
Visitor

As I said...I use a card reader to transfer the pictures from my cameras (and from my friends cameras) to the VP.
There is no need to have the camera turned on during the imense time it takes to transfer the pictures, and any card (and any type of file in the card) is transferd to the VP without any kind of problem. If there is a problem removing the mem card from the camera....that is another problem.

scaramanga
Visitor

I undestand how is done!! Thanks for the tip, by the way which one would you reccommend? Any ideas?

M16025
Visitor

I have 2 card readers. One has a 128Mb memory and because of that it doesn´t work with the VP. I have another card reader that is just that, a card reader/writer, and i have no problem at all.