Join now - be part of our community!

CD/DVD drive doesn't work at all - VGN-FS115E

clougherty
Visitor

CD/DVD drive doesn't work at all - VGN-FS115E

Hi,

I am having a complete nightmare with my Vaio. I bought it in the UK a year ago and now live in Australia. When I first bought it I used the CD drive to copy some photos from my old laptop onto this one and it was fine. Haven't used it for ages and now it won't work at all. A couple of weeks ago I managed to copy some music cds onto the laptop and then burned them back onto cd-rs but when I tried to do it again a couple of weeks later it won't even read the music cds or the blank ones. The drive light comes on as if it's trying to read them and then nothing happens. If I go into my computer to try and open the F drive the whole thing crashes. I also tried to copy my wedding DVD and that wouldn't work either. I have done system restores, I have checked the device manager and it says it's working. I have been trying to fix it for weeks and it's driving me mad! I was going to do a complete recovery but I can't back up my stuff because the cd drive won't work!! Someone please help me!!:smileycry: Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi clougherty!

Welcome to the Club!

Two questions -

Can you let us know which DVD drive is fitted to your FS115E - it should tell you in Device Manager?

What DVD burning software do you have installed? In particular, do you have a Roxio product?

Thanks.

:thinking:

carthorian
Visitor

Perhaps a stupid remark, but what battery profile is active on your notebook. Some profiles disable optic drivers so save power.