Join now - be part of our community!

CMOS Battery Location and Type for PCG-GRX316MP?

BryanCleale
Visitor

CMOS Battery Location and Type for PCG-GRX316MP?

Dear all,

Does anyone know the location and type of the CMOS battery for my GRX316MP notebook? I have removed the keyboard and the power button cover, but have not been able to locate the battery. My Real Time Clock (RTC) is running incorrectly and looses many hours and I wish to replace the CMOS battery as I understand that this is the solution. It appears that Sony use a two-cell NiMH rechargeable battery, usually shrink-wrapped in green.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Bryan.

11 REPLIES 11
BryanCleale
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks for your suggestion, I'm sure that they would have been able to assist as they do have several schematics on their site. However, I have now located the battery and have ordered a replacement so should be OK shortly. I found out where the battery was by purchasing the maintenance manual for my computer from EBAY at a very reasonable price of £2.49. To assist others who may read this posting, the battery is located near to the display hinge and at the mid-point of the printer port connector. This is at the furthest point away from you as if you sit at the keyboard for normal use and is approx. 1/3 the width of the machine from the LH edge; underneath the large gold/grey coloured square thermal adhesive pad. It is a two-cell Ni-MH rechargeable battery made by Varta and carries the Pt. No. 2/V512H, indicating that it contains two V512H cells. This is shrink-wrapped in green and has a 4-5 CM pair of wires which terminates in a small white connector for connection with the riser from the MB.

Thanks to everyone who has assisted me with this posting.

Best regards,

Bryan.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the update Bryan..

I hope all goes well.. :slight_smile: