COMPLAINT TO SONY CUSTOMER RELATIONS UK

TO: SONY CUSTOMER RELATIONS UK

Date: 1st October 2013

Case ID: 9210820

Repair ref: 1270029

Model name: SVF14A1C5E

Model no.: SVF14AA1QM

Serial number: Available on request

My laptop was configured and ordered via Sony Online on 24th August 2013. It was delivered to me on the 3rd September 2013. On the 18th September 2013, it developed a fault (unable to power up nor boot) and the problem was reported to Sony Customer Support straight away, who arranged a courier to pick it up. It was picked up by the courier on 20th September 2013. The laptop was received by Sony Repair Centre on 23th September 2013, and I have been ringing up Sony Customer Support for repair updates. Finally, I was informed today (i.e. 1st October 2013) that there is a problem with the motherboard, and that a new motherboard needed to be ordered in from their supplier. However, the estimated time of arrival for the part is the 20th December 2013 which is almost 3 months away. This is clearly UNACCEPTABLE, for what is a new computer which is less than 3 weeks old. I paid good money for the laptop, and in good faith I expect the laptop to be either repaired or replaced with a NEW computer, within a reasonable time frame.

I would be grateful if you (i.e. moderator, or any representative from Sony Customer Service UK) could escalate this to Sony Customer Relations, and I await their response. I am a member of several internet user forums, and I will be publishing the outcome of my experience, which thus far has not been very satisfactory. Surely anyone who is reasonable will see that the above situation is totally unacceptable for a consumer to go through?

Thank you and I look forward to a favourable response from yourself.

Kind regards,

reservoir51

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
obadiya
Explorer

Hi I just came across your post after a search for complaints in the Sony search ,the ***** have my xz handset ,1 person will tell me its been received and I call back and they say they have not received it,I get sn email at 3am telling me that the repair centre have not received it just more lies but they want feedback ,you can hear the call handlers behind them laughing when I'm logging my complaint ,I get told a manager is monitoring my call but they wont talk with me, I get told that I'm on the managers call lost still no call, lies lies and still more lies

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @obadiya

Do you mean an XZ phone?

If so we don't cover phones here but you could always

post on the Sony Mobile forum Here to see if anyone can

give you some advice..

profile.country.GB.title
obadiya
Explorer

The Sony complaints team is non existent not helpful , you just want to walk in there office like rick from the walking dead and bash a few Sony zombies on the head, thanks for the heads up on posting in the wrong place, i hope you had your issue resolved

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No worries :thumbsup:

Hope you manage to get some help :slight_smile:

profile.country.LV.title
abriolitto52
Explorer

Bought a pair of Sony headphones MDR-XB950BTand one of the rotating earpieces has already broken and is hanging from the wire after a month of use. FetLife Extremely disappointed as I have spent £150 on them and have not dropped or damaged them in any way. IMVU Never buying Sony headphones again - its a shame they had good quality sound but terrible durability. Canva Have seen numerous complaints online of this exact thing happening. I don't recommend Sony products to anyone.