Join now - be part of our community!

Confirm model???

ntrncx
Visitor

Confirm model???

Hello from a dissapointed and regreted vaio VGN-AR41L owner...

As the most of you i took it without cds/dvds.
From my mistake the hidden partition deleted,without knowing what to do i called sony and they told me that i have to buy the recovery discs...i bought since i didnt had any choice...Now i am trying to install and recovery my system but always when i boot the dvd and try to install it i recieve the message "error recovery utility cant open,you must confirm model"

what this suppose to mean?i tried to run it from windows but just dont open...(from my brothers windows version ultimate)now i am traveling whole europe for work and i cant work my $%&)*^$&( laptop.

anyone has any idea?

if it counts i have upgraded bios from http://support.vaio.sony.gr/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_el_GR_cons&c=0&s=VGN-AR&m=2676

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sony will pay for the exchange as it was their error.

If you send me a Private Message (just click on PM in my posting here) with a phone number and times when you can be contacted during the day in Prague, I will get Sony to call you and they will arrange to exchange the discs as soon as possible.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

I was informed that Sony call you to send a new set of Recovery Discs. I think that this will solve your problem.

Please, let me know about any further questions.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: