Join now - be part of our community!

connecting to video

sklsophia
Visitor

connecting to video

Hi, i just bought a Vaio FE and i feel completly lost. Does anyone know if you can and how to connect this computer to a tv or video to record media? Thanks so much!

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi sklsophia,

Welcome to ClubVAIO!

You will need to buy an external device to capture an analogue composite video or s-video from your VCR.

Something like THIS

If you want to spend a little more, you can buy a TV Tuner which will allow you to watch TV on your Vaio as well as record programmes onto your hard disc or onto a DVD. It also lets you record from your VCR onto DVD.

Something like THIS

:slight_smile:

profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

Hey Blencogo,

sorry, but your avatar makes me ask: Have you played Ultima Online?

sklsophia
Visitor

thanks a lot that's great.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

sorry, but your avatar makes me ask: Have you played Ultima Online?

Hi Dilbert - Must be a case of mistaken identity. I'm much too old for that!!!!!!!!

:skull:

Josh-2552
Visitor

cant you use the parrallelogram-shaped port (far right on mine), to connect to external screens? if not, what is it for?!?!

cheers,

sklsophia
Visitor

Does anyone know if you can stop a thread you started or stop getting email updates?
thank you so much!

Josh-2552
Visitor

where you choose to watch threads, you can delete them, so that you no longer recieve emails when they are replied to

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sklsophia,

Unfortunatly you can not stop a thread once you have started one. :slight_frown:

You can stop emails reports from My Watch as Josh mentioned above. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Paralellogram????

We can't even LOCK topics, that's how cr*p this forum software is!