Join now - be part of our community!

connecting to video

sklsophia
Visitor

connecting to video

Hi, i just bought a Vaio FE and i feel completly lost. Does anyone know if you can and how to connect this computer to a tv or video to record media? Thanks so much!

20 REPLIES 20
Josh-2552
Visitor

u no what i mean? it is the one that monitors can plug into. anyway, why would you need to lock topics? anyway, here is a picture of a parallelogram::smileytongue:

______
/______\

look at that!! awesome!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Oh VGA out

We could lock topics when people get silly

Josh-2552
Visitor

oh i c, like me and my paralelelelogram?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Josh,

The parallelogram is a monitor VGA port, which can be used to connect to an external monitor or some LCD/plasma displays.

kee-lo_

Porbably better to use SVideo if you have it

Josh-2552
Visitor

oh right, cheers. it is VGA...is it related to the type of camera you get in some phones, as if it is the same quality it will be terrible on a large tv?!?

kee-lo_

VGA in camera terms means it will capture in 640x480 with a low resolution

profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

sorry, but your avatar makes me ask: Have you played Ultima Online?

Hi Dilbert - Must be a case of mistaken identity. I'm much too old for that!!!!!!!!

:skull:

Well, Ultima Online is old, 1998 was euro launch.
Your avatar is the animation of one of the horse skins from the game. This here is the pack horse version:

profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

oh right, cheers. it is VGA...is it related to the type of camera you get in some phones, as if it is the same quality it will be terrible on a large tv?!?

The original VGA resolution is indeed 640x480.
That is however not a limitation or restriction regarding the resolutions supported by a computer's VGA port. For example, the same port on some of today's Vaio's supports external resolution's of 1920x1600. It depends completely on the capabilities of the systems graphiccard and the settings made for the VGA output.

sklsophia
Visitor

thanks,
i have an FE, one i don't really know how to use yet.:smileyhappy: