Join now - be part of our community!

Cradle not charging...

mollsa
Visitor

Cradle not charging...

I have a trivial issue. I have been a happy owner of a 40GB Vaio Pocket for about 18 months, and despite the battery life dying a bit, its been a trusty companion.

However, today I have attempted to charge and nothing happens. The usb on the cradle still works but the power doesnt.

I have read previous threads about getting a cradle (A-1088-556-A) but can only find this on a US sony site and I am in the UK. Has anyone been successful in getting a spare one in the UK ?

Also, pre-empting a possible upgrade / alternative. If I buy a new mp3 player of some description, does that mean that I have to rebuild my music collection from scratch ?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Sorry I misread your post so my advice to buy a new ac adaptor was just moronic drival and deserves to be danced on by a football team of gogo dancing muppets

BartK
Visitor

And the more sensible answer is : tried contacting Vaio-link for support? I think they will be more then happy to sell you a new cradle and/or ac adaptor (maybe mesure, using a multi-meter, the voltage of the AC before calling so you know what is exactly the part you need...)

mollsa
Visitor

Couldnt get much joy out of Vaio-Link, so am scouring ebay for a spare cradle.

Does anyone know if the 20GB VGF-AP1 cradle is compatible with the 40GB VGF-AP1L .

I realise they have different part codes, just wondered if anyone has tried this 'hands on'.