Join now - be part of our community!

Problems running software

acachada
Visitor

Problems running software

I`ve recently bought a Sony Vaio FE21M. It has Windows XP Media Center installed.
I installed a software i need for work and i got a problem. After i double click in the icon i get an error.

This software runned with no problems in another laptops i tried:
- In a Pentium III Sony vaio PCG-9326 with windows XP SP2
- In a Pentium IV ASUS with Windows XP SP1)

I attached some print screens off the error. What might be the problem?
Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3
skip89a
Visitor

i too had the problem runing programs i noticed it the same day i got the laptop .i purchased a fe21m model laptop from Sony.Purchase price was £1559.00 including extras.When i set up the laptop it would not work without the power lead.31/05/06 i picked it up instore.I called the sony centre the following morning and explained the problems i was having. They could not resolve the issue and i was told to return it to the store. They had the laptop for almost three weeks as they had to get it checked by their technical team. In the meantime i had no laptop and was being charged interest on my credit card.After a lot of phone calls to both sony and the customer services and messages being left and my calls not being returned I then decided to get another laptop as i was being inconvenienced and would ask for a refund from sony regardless of the report from the technical department. I have asked Sony for a refund and i have spoken to the store manager, area manager and i have emailed the managing director all of whom are telling me that i cannot get a refund and if i had wanted to swap the machine i would not have been able to as there technical team have determined that there isn't a fault with the laptop..

skip89a
Visitor

i too had the problem runing programs i noticed it the same day i got the laptop .i purchased a fe21m model laptop from Sony.Purchase price was £1559.00 including extras.When i set up the laptop it would not work without the power lead.31/05/06 i picked it up instore.I called the sony centre the following morning and explained the problems i was having. They could not resolve the issue and i was told to return it to the store. They had the laptop for almost three weeks as they had to get it checked by their technical team. In the meantime i had no laptop and was being charged interest on my credit card.After a lot of phone calls to both sony and the customer services and messages being left and my calls not being returned I then decided to get another laptop as i was being inconvenienced and would ask for a refund from sony regardless of the report from the technical department. I have asked Sony for a refund and i have spoken to the store manager, area manager and i have emailed the managing director all of whom are telling me that i cannot get a refund and if i had wanted to swap the machine i would not have been able to as there technical team have determined that there isn't a fault with the laptop..

acachada
Visitor

Hello skip89a. Thanks for sharing you experience. I guess i`m not alone.
I haven`t found yet a solution for my problem :slight_frown: