Join now - be part of our community!

Dead A217S - Fast help needed

stevep-4
Visitor

Dead A217S - Fast help needed

Viao 217S - mothers new computer...

Problem is the screen it seems.....

The computer was working fine and was backing up files to cd.

next view of the computer was a totally white screen and unable to do anything.

Tried turning computer on and off (complete turn off, including removing the battery). The initial start up sound is heard but the screen shows faint multi coloured lines, then goes pure white...then multi coloured lines then pure white again.

Windows does not load, neither is there a "VIAO" logo during boot up.

Have recommended turning computer on and pressing F8 repeatedly but this has no effect.

The computer is brand new (1 week old) and can go back to Sony...then big problem is that the computer was bought specifically to take on holiday (Friday!!)

Next move is to try a system restore using the restore DVDs, however, if the screen cannot be viewed, this may be difficult.

any Ideas chaps? Or a call to Sony at 9am Thursday to supply a new laptop in 12 hours?...considering mum took out a international warranty, maybe they could deliver a new laptop to her in New Zealand!!

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hehehe Steve is a good lad bearlover - honestly!

God thank god my mother doesn't know about this forum!

tellingd
Visitor

Looks like I am going to watch my behaviour on this forum now...especially with mum (Bearlover) joining in!

:laughing:

robpaxton
Explorer

Looks like I am going to watch my behaviour on this forum now...especially with mum (Bearlover) joining in!

Now which threads should we point your mum to . . . . . . . . . .?

Where's that search button . . . . . . . .?

kee-lo_

stevep-4
Visitor

Im a good boy mum, honest !!:smileygrin:

kee-lo_