Join now - be part of our community!

Dead pixel warranty

CarlJanssen
Visitor

Dead pixel warranty

What about Sony's dead pixel warranty? I've got one (it's always bright white) at my brand new A215M. :slight_frown:

Okay, it's not thát annoying, but I think that when you pay so much money, you should receive a quality product without annoying 'bugs' like a dead pixel. What do you guys think?

5 REPLIES 5
TygerTyger
Visitor

You must have 5 pixels in total or a couple clustered together in order to qualify for a replacement.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

You must have 5 pixels in total or a couple clustered together in order to qualify for a replacement.

Almost Tyger. 5 Pixels grouped or clustered or 3 isolated pixels.

Pixel Problems fall into these groups:
1. They fail to light (apparently gentle massgae can revive them AT YOUR OWN RISK!)
2. They permanently stay Red, Green or Blue no matter what is on the screen.

Sony follow Class II which is the obligated minimum, very few follow class I which is if a fault is detected and verified (even just one faulty pixel) then the entire LCD panel is replaced.

NOTE: Sony cannot stress enough that pixel problems WILL NOT SPREAD!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I have heard Sony's is the best policy?

CarlJanssen
Visitor

Thanks for the answers. Just give me a couple of weeks and I've forgot that dead pixel (I hope).

But my opinion stays the same: for such a price, there should not be any problem with your laptop (not even a tiny little dead pixel). There's something not right.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The thing is manufacturing of LCDs is so hard they can never garuntee you'll never have an issue with dead pixels.