Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to watch live TV on my TV through the Roomlink

thierry_le_gal
Visitor

Unable to watch live TV on my TV through the Roomlink

(Sorry for my english, I am a french guy)
I have a VGC-RA204 and i set up WLAN with the supplied accessories PCWA-A320, PCWA-DE30 & PCNA-MR10A in order to be able to listen my musics and to watch my pictures, my videos and the live TV on my TV.
Most of the things are working well, so i am able to :
- listen the music on my TV through the roomlink,
- watch the pictures on my TV through the roomlink,
- watch the videos on my TV through the roomlink,

BUT I am not able to watch live TV throught the roomlink although i can watch this live TV on my computer with Vaio Media and Vaio Zone software.

Each time i try to connect to the video server, the roomlink display the following message on my TV screen: "Cannot connect to the specified server".

I already try all the relevant solution that i found in the FAQS :
- register again the server,
- switch off/on my computer,
- switch off/on the Roomlink and the access point,

I found a FAQ which is directly link to the problem i encounter but the solution (V00007) seems to be not appilcable to my computer configuration because it is recommeded to : "Click Start, point to All Programs, Gigapocket, All Software and then click Gigapocket Server" but i do not have such gigapocket entry in my "Start" bar !?!?

I do not think that it a a firewall issue because :
- i have completely disabled my firewall,
- i succed to access to pictures, musics, and videos files that are stored on my VGC-RA204 computer/server .

I do not think that it is a configuration issue of my TV-Tuner because i succeed to watch live TV on my computer.

Please help ?!?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Make sure you allow the roomlink's IP in your firewall as safe

thierry_le_gal
Visitor

I have already completely deactivate my firewall, so no need to put roomlink's IP as safe.

thierry_le_gal
Visitor

Any other ideas are wellcome ...

thierry_le_gal
Visitor

I got the solution from e-support :
"The TV functionnality has been removed from the roomlink. The menu for it still do appear on your TV but there is nothing behind the menu to play with. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. "

In this way, this is very simple !!

kee-lo_

Maybe you should get that Netgear box and sell the RoomLink on eBay

thierry_le_gal
Visitor

That's an idea, but i expected to have such functionalities when i bought this quite expensive computer ... and i had not planned at this moment to sell the Roomlink on eBay in order to get a Neatgear box.

kee-lo_

I guess there must be some sort of complaints service in France, as it's been a long time since I lived there I forget...

In 1985 a lot of French stores were just "like it or leave it"