Join now - be part of our community!

Defrag Disk of Pocket-Vaio

emqvaio
Visitor

Defrag Disk of Pocket-Vaio

Hi there,
I'm a new user of this forum and a new user of Pocket-Vaio.
I would like to know some opinions about defragmentation of the disk of VGF-AP1.
Is it OK to do it or is there any problem ?
I'm used to do it with my other player (Archos-AV), but I don't know if we can do it with Sony, just like any other hard-disk based player, using the windows defrag option.
Thanks for any help.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I wouldn't
I would reformat it every 3 months.

emqvaio
Visitor

Thanks for the answer, but may I know why ?
What's the problem about defraging it and why is it better to reformat it ?
Thanks again for any help.

kee-lo_

Well I know the iPod is like this, and a lot of other HD based players tell you to reformat instead of defragging.

diverse
Visitor

if you transfer files and leave them there and just play them why would you need to defrag or even re-format for that matter?

emqvaio
Visitor

if you transfer files and leave them there and just play them why would you need to defrag or even re-format for that matter?

Sometimes one can change files / songs that dont like and replace them with another ones with different size - in the process of writing to the HD, sometimes happens that the files are not sequential and therefore a defrag would be convenient.
The one thing I dont understand is why we should not do a defrag with Vaio, considering that it is a "simple" portable hard-disk ! :slight_frown:
Thanks again for all your help.

kee-lo_

If like iPod it's for databasing issues.