Join now - be part of our community!

DEVICE NOT FOUND AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE ??

kodeone
Visitor

DEVICE NOT FOUND AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE ??

ok...i downloaded and installed the firmware update and the vaio music transfer update without a problem.
the sonic stage update said it was corrupted and please obtain another one.
so i restarted my pc........
then connected the vaio pocket to my pc again and music transfer software says "DEVICE NOT FOUND" please connect a target device.:smileycry:

ive restarted the pc obviously and turned off and back on the vaio pocket to no avail.

any help on sorting this problem would be much appreciated as i only got it today and would like to be able to transfer some files onto it.

thanks in advance for your time.....
:slight_smile:

12 REPLIES 12
chris_lewis
Visitor

Have you pressed the reset button? (use a small paper clip/pin)

This will reinitialise the player and should be fine.

C

kodeone
Visitor

ok chris.
thanks for that :slight_smile: but ive pressed the reset button and set the date / time etc again but it still says the same "DEVICE NOT FOUND"..........
has anyone got any more suggestions ?

kodeone
Visitor

a little more info..........

i have just discovered that in explorer the vaio pocket is actually there as a drive....so it is connected.
however...the music transfer software still says device not connected.

can i drag and drop mp3 files straight onto the drive now i have the firmware update ?

i would still like to fix the problem but if i can drag files straight over then at least thats someting.

any help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

kodeone
Visitor

ok.......ITS FIXED.

sonic stage update finally installed on the 3rd attempt.

this seems to have fixed the problem with the music transfer software too so im an happy chappy now.:smileygrin:

peace all.

chris_lewis
Visitor

:cool: Enjoy your music!

Once you have all your CD's ripped, take a backup using the backup tool in the start menu under Sonic Stage, It may come in useful some day!

C

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

The problem with the backup is. It's useless with albums which you have bought by Connect. You will lose your rights after a complete system restore.

chris_lewis
Visitor

True Seb!

I Buy CD's anyway rather than DL as you can choose which bitrate you want to record in!

If you cant get what you want on CD then DL,

Can you burn Connect tracks to a CD in .WAV for use in a standard CD player?

C

seb21__
Visitor

Yep, You can burn it as Audio CD. Works fine in my Yamaha player. LOL may first CD with CD-text which I can read with my CD-player. And it's no problem to ripp this CD again. As if this a original CD. The problem is the quality. 132kBit/s is not enough for HIFI in my opinion.

seb21__
Visitor

What do you means with DL?[:">]