Join now - be part of our community!

DEVICE NOT FOUND AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE ??

kodeone
Visitor

DEVICE NOT FOUND AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE ??

ok...i downloaded and installed the firmware update and the vaio music transfer update without a problem.
the sonic stage update said it was corrupted and please obtain another one.
so i restarted my pc........
then connected the vaio pocket to my pc again and music transfer software says "DEVICE NOT FOUND" please connect a target device.:smileycry:

ive restarted the pc obviously and turned off and back on the vaio pocket to no avail.

any help on sorting this problem would be much appreciated as i only got it today and would like to be able to transfer some files onto it.

thanks in advance for your time.....
:slight_smile:

12 REPLIES 12
kodeone
Visitor

ok im back..............
thanks for the back up advice chris.

i have another problem now...

why wont my album covers show up ??
they were in the folders when i dragged the whole folder over.

have i done something wrong doing that ?
do they have to be named the same as the alnum or something.....they were all called cover.jpg ?

as allways your help is much appreciated.
:slight_smile: cheers.

chris_lewis
Visitor

Seb, DL = Download

I have always attached cover art manually to each album, in the albums view you can drag the art from the file in your PC directly to the box in SS, or if you view all tracks then play the track you want to assign the art to, you can drag the art to the spinning cover box.

You may need to re-transfer your music to update all the info properly.

SS is a pain initially, but once you know its little weird bits it works really well, imo anyway.

C

ChrisMussen
Visitor

Hi folks,

I have encountered the exact same problem. Have reinstalled the original software and firmware updates twice and still get the "Device not Found" message even though the Vaio screen shows it is connected and the device appears in My Computer and the device manager says that it is working properly.

What Now?

Any constructive help would be very much appreciated.

Chris