Join now - be part of our community!

Device not recognised?? but vaio music transfer still recognises it???

Robby41
Visitor

Device not recognised?? but vaio music transfer still recognises it???

I need some help here sometimes when i connect my vp to my pc it says device not recognised, but when i go to vaio music transfer it lets me transfer music..well try to anyway as a message says unknown error occurred, then when i go into device mananger the VP is diplayed as memory storage device and the remove file that normally appears in my computer does no longer appear, when i went to device manager to install the program it was already installed so i unistalled it and installed it again to see if that made a difference and suprise, suprise it did n't. Now when i go into device manager it says the device is working properly but the remove file thingy that is normally in my computer is still not there. and i still cannot transfer files.
Oh and just to confuse you's abit more somtimes when a transfer has failed a display where (XP display- like device not recognised display) comes up saying something like could not be transferd as it is stored in an insufficent place, please move file in order to transfer. (it said something on the lines of that)
Now that confused me the most as it was displayed by Windows not sonic stage or vaio music transfer and i tried moving files all over the place but all this still persists.

I have recently installed my Net MD again and have been using this sonic stage with that could this why the problem has arisen oh and when sometimes when the device does get recognised i am able to transfer file that have already be converted but not ones that hav not.

Please give me some advice in what to do because this is really getting to me, i think i have tried everything like changing the transfer rate, initializing history etc. evenm changing the usb cable and ports around.
As you can see i am really stuck on this one and any idea would be helpful.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

Which version of SS do you have? If you have a copy that you can register on the internet so you can use your VP with another computer again without re-transferring everything it may be worth doing that then un installing and reinstalling SS (by registering it on the internet hopefully you won't have to format the VP, I've never used this but it's meant to work, alternatively you could try the backup tool).

Robby41
Visitor

I have sonic stage 2.3 and my VP has the firmware update aswell.

How do i register it on the net?

virtua
Visitor

Hi Robby,

Go into SS with your VP connected and that you are linked to the net - there is a tab top left that says "create" - click this and at the bottom of the drop down is "initialize" - click it and the connect website will come up and ask you to select which country you are in - pick UK and the machine is active and will work with SS. Word of caution - you will lose data on the VP - but if you already have it loaded on SS shouldn't take long to reload.

Hope that helps.:smileygrin:

Robby41
Visitor

How sure are you that this will solve my problem because i do not want to flose all my data and still not be able to transfer files. So ultimatly i am worse off by having a VP with no files or no way to put files on.

Robby41
Visitor

Hi Robby,
pick UK and the machine is active and will work with SS. Word of caution - you will lose data on the VP - but if you already have it loaded on SS shouldn't take long to reload.

Hope that helps.:smileygrin:

It already works with SS but when i go to transfer a track it tries to then and after failing it says " unable to transfer file"