Join now - be part of our community!

Disk problems XL100

argegno
Visitor

Disk problems XL100

Some while ago I added 2 hard disks. These worked fine. On Friday I updated Windows from the Microsoft site. After this I received a "boot failure" message. I tried to resore using F10 but this did not work. I restored from CDs. I found out after restarting that it had restored to one of the new disks, not the original disk. When I realised this I disconnected the two new disks and then it booted properly, as it was before the problem.
Now, I can only see one of the new disks (the one that was restored to) and I can only see the other one in device manager - not is diskmgr. Also Windows Exploere does ot see the other disk. There is a lot of valuable data on the disk (I got two disks so that one was a backup for the other!).
I believe the Windows update changed the disk that the computer was looking at for the boot sector. This would explain why F10 did not work as well. The original disk was always in Port 0. The other two disks may not have been initially in Port 1 and Port 2 in the right order (middle disk Port 1 and top disk port 2, as per the manual). Any ideas on what I should do next anyone ?????

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you can get a USB enclosure for your drive, you might be able to rescue it.