Join now - be part of our community!

Display trouble after hibernation

jelle
Visitor

Display trouble after hibernation

I've got a brandnew vgn-a295hp and yesterday i put it into hibernation by closing the lid. Now i fired it up and my display is all distorted, green pixelrows all over my screen

help!

3 REPLIES 3
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

There's a fix for your problem at Vaio-Link

jelle
Visitor

can you tell me a bit more specific where to find it? i have been looking all over but to no avail...

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Sorry Jelle on closer inspection it doesn't look like it's the same problem you were having.

I found a fix for mine on that site. But reading it again it seems to be a fix for PCs with SP1. As yours is brand new I'd expect it to have SP2. Here's the garb that was on the site anyway:

"Windows XP QFE Q813818 for: This QFE fix the problem that IEEE1394 storage device detection sometimes fails when the computer is resumed from Suspend or Hibernation mode on
Window XP SP1a

This QFE fix the problem that IEEE1394 storage device detection sometimes fails when the computer is resumed from Suspend or Hibernation mode on Window XP SP1a.
STOP 0x0000008E Error Message on a Blue Screen and Your Computer Does Not Enter Hibernation or Standby after You Remove an IEEE 1394 Storage Device.

Additional details about this problem can be found in the Microsoft KB: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;us;813818

This fix is to be used on the VAIO models listed below.

WinXP Pro/Home SP1/SP1a All Notebook and Desktop PCs.

Download and Installation Procedures

1.Download the file Hotfix813818xxx.exe, and save it to a download directory.
2.Go the download directory, and double-click Hotfix813818xxx.exe.
3.Click Unzip. The file will be extracted to C:\hotfix.
4.Click Close to exit WinZip Self-Extractor program.
5.Make sure you log on with Administrative rights.
6.Open C:\hotfix and double click on Hotfix813818.exe to start the installation.
7.The Windows Q813818 Setup Wizard starts.
8.Click Next. Wait while Setup performs the requested operation.
9.Click Finish."

Hvae a look under OS on Vaio-Link and see if there's an update for your model.