Join now - be part of our community!

dissapointed

yannis28-7
Visitor

dissapointed

i just bought a 1300 euro vaio laptop hoping that i can play some modern games when im away from home but it doesnt play anything!!
the same games run well at my 2,5 years old pc with a graphic card of 70 euro ( nvidia 7600 )..
why the use Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 card in so new and expensive notebooks?
i m dissapointed 😞

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

For 1300€ did you consider the VGN-FZ21Z?

That is about the same price and has NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GS with 256MB of dedicated memory and a Blu-Ray Drive.

Or a VGN-AR61M or ......................

:thinking:

helloimgeoff1
Visitor

That is about the same price and has NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GS with 256MB of dedicated memory and a Blu-Ray Drive.

I've got the FZ21Z and just so you know, it's an excelent piece of kit - I pretty much only use it now instead of my desktop (which is more powerful) because this still does everything my desktop did, but is movable! :slight_smile:

What VAIO did you get?

Geoff.

yannis28-7
Visitor

I've got the FZ21Z and just so you know, it's an excelent piece of kit - I pretty much only use it now instead of my desktop (which is more powerful) because this still does everything my desktop did, but is movable! :slight_smile:

What VAIO did you get?

Geoff.

hmmm... i would go for VGN-FZ21Z if i knew..
too late 😞
but im still curious why the use intel 3100 grahic cards

yannis28-7
Visitor

What VAIO did you get?

Geoff.

i have got the VGN-CR21S/L
http://vaio.sony.gr/view/ShowProduct.action?product=VGN-CR21S%2FL&site=voe_el_GR_cons&pageType=Overv...

if i knew that the graphic card sucks i wouldnt but it.. :[

JonnyThunder
Visitor

They usually use lower spec graphics chipsets for a number of reasons. Usually, people aren't using laptops for high-end gaming - so by putting in a lower spec graphics setup, it saves them money and most people are satisfied.

Like the other guys say - you need to buy something with a beefy gfx chipset for that kind of thing.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I must say the AR31S has performed excellently so far with the latest games such as Gears of War, COD4 etc.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I guess if you want high end gaming and don't care about the weight you could get a shuttle, kit it out the way you want, and make sure you have a graphics card which has S-Video, then you can set it up nearly anywhere where there is a TV.

All the gaming professionals do anyway.

JonnyThunder
Visitor

Yeah, i've owned a couple of shuttles for going to LAN events. Pretty portable and you can pimp them to the max. Overheating problems may occur with older high-powered gfx cards though, and I actually had to modidy the back-plate of my card to get it to fit in the shuttle (usually they only have 1 PCI-E and 1 PCI)

Good purchase tho if you're into your games. I believe there are some companies that sell shuttle LCD monitors to for maximum portability.