of +/- 1mb each ??

it takes 10 to 15 minutes and my battery almost got drained of my camera
both hardware is capable of reaching high speeds
but when connected to eachother it goes slooooow

please fix this

14 REPLIES 14
moreauan
Visitor

Does anybody else could post his experience with uploading photos from his camera directly to the VP? 

This is because:
- VP to PC is USB2 interface;
- camera to PC is USB2 interface;
- VP to camera is USB1 interface 😞

So if you have somthing like a 512MB memory stick in your camera, start your uploading to VP, go and have a beer, and should be ready when you're back!

J3rry
Visitor

Does anybody else could post his experience with uploading photos from his camera directly to the VP? 

This is because:
- VP to PC is USB2 interface;
- camera to PC is USB2 interface;
- VP to camera is USB1 interface 😞

So if you have somthing like a 512MB memory stick in your camera, start your uploading to VP, go and have a beer, and should be ready when you're back!

if ur batteries are not drained of ur camera :slight_smile:
unless u have a charger for ur cam, but most cams of sony just come with a battery charger

Lee3
Visitor

Hi,
when i use the VGF-AP1L and the minolta dimage z1 to transfer photos it takes 7 minutes to transfer 57 photos (77.5 mb) . Thats with the 40 gig (VGF-AP1L) + latest firmware
Lee

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

i think (though i'm not sure) that usb 2 connections have double pins, i.e. what would be one pin on usb1 is 2 on usb 2. however, i think the type a usb port on the dock is only a usb 1 socket, so it's just the socket itself that is preventing it from being used at full speed, maybe using an a to b converter and plugging the camera into the type b socket would work? i assume the connections are all the same. it's probably warranty voiding though, and all the above is informed guesswork.

Psaila
Visitor

Hi,
when i use the VGF-AP1L and the minolta dimage z1 to transfer photos it takes 7 minutes to transfer 57 photos (77.5 mb) . Thats with the 40 gig (VGF-AP1L) + latest firmware
Lee

That¿s Very Good Lee, As the VAIO Pocket Is only supposed to accept Sony Camera¿s

But the Minolta Is A Cool Camera .

Welcome To Club Vaio , Lee 3