Join now - be part of our community!

Drivers for Vaio VGN-Z11 Function Keys

SOLVED
jachish14
New

Drivers for Vaio VGN-Z11 Function Keys

I have recently installed Windows 7 (clean new build) on my Vaio VGN-Z11MN (preferring not to reinstall the original Windows Vista Professional from the hidden sector on my HDD).  Can anyone please advise where I can now find the correct drivers to reinstate the Function Keys on my machine plus sundry other Sony drivers for power utilities etc.  I have searched the Sony UK website but no luck so far.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jachish14 and welcome.

When Windows 7 was released, Sony only supported an 'upgrade' from Vista - not a clean install.  There are some Windows 7 specific drivers but if these do not exist, you can try to install the original Vista drivers and utilities.  Even if there is a Windows 7 driver, this may only be an update and you may need to install the Vista driver first then upgrade it.

You can download the available drivers and utilities here:-: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/VGN-Z11MN/list#os1

If there is not a Windows 7 driver, try the original driver in the Vista list.

For the function keys try these Vista drivers: -

SFEP Driver Sony

Sony Shared Library

Setting Utility Series (+ Update in Windows 7 list)

Vaio Event Service

Good Luck!

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jachish14 and welcome.

When Windows 7 was released, Sony only supported an 'upgrade' from Vista - not a clean install.  There are some Windows 7 specific drivers but if these do not exist, you can try to install the original Vista drivers and utilities.  Even if there is a Windows 7 driver, this may only be an update and you may need to install the Vista driver first then upgrade it.

You can download the available drivers and utilities here:-: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/VGN-Z11MN/list#os1

If there is not a Windows 7 driver, try the original driver in the Vista list.

For the function keys try these Vista drivers: -

SFEP Driver Sony

Sony Shared Library

Setting Utility Series (+ Update in Windows 7 list)

Vaio Event Service

Good Luck!

:wink:

jachish14
New

Many thanks for your clear and prompt response.  I downloaded these various drivers/utilities as suggested and everything now works just fine. Very much appreciated!