Join now - be part of our community!

Dutch mp3 tax!!!! [:-"]

constantine_jk
Visitor

Dutch mp3 tax!!!! [:-"]

Check this out:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/27/netherlands_ipod_tax/

Well, if something like that happens, then I think ATRAC codec is better.....:smileytongue:

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
levy on hard drives! why! I hate MP3 ! The quality is so poor! Atrac3 is also poor! Neros AAC is better than iTunes!

only 3 of the best Codecs.

MPC, FLAC, OggVorbis

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

ATRAC - poor quality? Seb a board of panellists vosted ATRAC to be significantly better than MP3!

The levy on these goods is unacceptable, and the market has just shot itself in the foot if it continues as the article suggests, because no one will pay so much for a computer, DVR player, iPod, WalkMan with this levy imposed.

seb21__
Visitor

Seb a board of panellists vosted ATRAC to be significantly better than MP3!

That's true. But MPC, OggVorbis and FLAC are much better.:smileycool: Then let me say Atrac3 hasn't the best quality:smileynerd:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Goddamnit, what are these people thinking? You know they'll be doing this for AAC/OGG Vorbis too? This is crazy, that means buying a standard hard disk for a PC now will be taxed there. I can see them going over the boarder to Germany to buy storage, that's all it'll do.

Again not very well thought out, and it'll probablt extend to VAIO Pocket as it plays MP3 and could possibly store them.

It's about time society stopped labelling EVERYONE as a pirate, just because a minority do it the majority have to suffer.

Idiots!

seb21__
Visitor

Yeah that are really STUPID IDIOTS. The same thing is, if you buy a printer/scanner in one part. Then you would pay an extra tax too. Bucause it could be a Copy mashine. HOW STUPID ARE THE WORLD?

kee-lo_

If that's the way then I bet they tax DVD writers and media

Why not tax the VAIO too, the possabilityies are endless!

seb21__
Visitor

:cry: whether you would pay that by a MAC too?

kee-lo_

Wouldn't suprise me.

Lets hope this trend doesn't catch on.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

It is about time the EU intervened and made charging a levy on electronics like this ILLEGAL.

I can only hope this trend does not spread to the whole of Europe.
There will be a public outcry if this does happen, and demand for electronics could start to plummet as the market finds ever more inventive ways to shoot themselves in the foot.

IDIOTS!!!