Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Burn speed!

drew0119
Visitor

DVD Burn speed!

Hello all. I have the new A295HP laptop, I upgraded to this from my A115Z mainly because the newer laptop had a dvd burn speed of x8, that was twice as fast as the A115Z. PROBLEM is: to burn 3.4GB of data to dvd on the old machine it took 20mins, using the drag & drop software, so naturally I thought it would be twice as quick on the A295HP x8 burner on the new machine (AROUND 10 mins)----Not so.
It took 45mins to burn exactly the same data. Why? Sony helpline said there is no problem, but there obviously is. Any idea??????

Andy

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

That does sound a bit OTT doesn't it?
45mins is a lot for around 3/4 of a disk.
Sounds like it is burning at 2x

kee-lo_

kee-lo_

kee-lo_

kee-lo_

Damnit, the site went nuts, apoligies

drew0119
Visitor

Cheers Kee!
Still trying to get this sorted, no help from Sony e-support for five days, they said it is within specificstion, this does not please me, the reason I bought the new machine was to burn DVDs quicker not slower, hope to get help from somebody soon. By hte way what software do you thing I should use to burn, Son said I should use the Sonic "Record Now" but im more used to Roxio or Nero - what do you use?

Andy

kee-lo_

Andy

I agree with you, it's not good enough. If it says 8x then it should be able to do it in theory. OK, maybe itf it worked at 7x, but this is more like 2x at best.

I use Nero, it's my favourite.

Foxhound
Visitor

45 min is way too slow. I burn some full dvd-r's at 2x speed and takes about 25 - 30 mins max.
I use NERO. There are some usefull tools in checking your burn speed: nero cd/dvd speed.
click link:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Nero_CD-DVD_Speed
You got some specs of your pc for us? It's hard to help without knowing more info.

kee-lo_

Also defrag your hard disk