Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Decoder missing + ...

bluefoam
Visitor

DVD Decoder missing + ...

My DVD will not play movies, it can load some of the menus but tells me that the decoder is missing. have reinstalled WinDVD but not helping...
Then I installed Nero which also does not help. Also when installing nero, I uninstalled WinDVD & because the PC didn't come with any disks I do not have a copy to reinstall it.

I cannot access the support element of this site as it does not recogines my serial number...

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Model is VGN C1S

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

try googling for the K-Lite codec pack

bluefoam
Visitor

Thanks Jumpsuit, I'll give it a try when I get home this evening.

Resonate
Visitor

K-Lite Codec Pack jumpsuit, Have you tried the Ace Mega Codec Pack i use it, and i cant think of anything that it dosent have

bluefoam
Visitor

Thanks guys, seems to be working in nero & win media player 11 now, but is not working in media centre. Have installed extra codecs.

All the menus work fine and so do the into's but the error message appears when the main feature starts. It reads:

Video Error
files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart media centre and/or restart the computer.

Resonate
Visitor

Thanks guys, seems to be working in nero & win media player 11 now, but is not working in media centre. Have installed extra codecs.

All the menus work fine and so do the into's but the error message appears when the main feature starts. It reads:

Video Error
files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart media centre and/or restart the computer.

I Had that problem Before, I tried Instaling over it but to no avail. It turned out to be corrupted so i completely uninstalled then re-installed. Nothing is ever bloody simple. :slight_frown:

bluefoam
Visitor

I will try that, how do I uninstall & re-install Media Centre?

I didn't get any disks with the PC