Join now - be part of our community!

Entry splash screen

JohnFish
Visitor

Entry splash screen

Hi guys. Is there anyway to avoid this entry screen displayed every time i turn my pc on? its very annoying to see this splash screen for so much time. Thanks

P.S. I have an FE11S if that makes any difference

18 REPLIES 18
Josh-2552
Visitor

did you have it as an old background? set the one you want to be your background as your background (for a second time), reboot, and it should do the deed :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think he means this

Josh-2552
Visitor

oh right! i thought he meant the glimpse of your old wallpaper that i used to get on my desktop

JohnFish
Visitor

oh right! i thought he meant the glimpse of your old wallpaper that i used to get on my desktop

neither. For gods sake i am less stupid (but still stupid).

I mean the vaio splash screen shown the moment you turn on your computer. I am not sure anymore if yours have it. Mine does and it stays there for ~10 sec - bios doesnt have option to remove it, just to animate it or not :S

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Oooh right, well we can't read minds LOL

No you can't remove it, really annoys me too

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

I also have the FE11S, and asked Sony if it's possible to remove the annoying logo's wich display for about 10 seconds. The only thing you can get rid of the the splash screen with the sound in the beginning by going into your bios and change the settings.

It's part of the laptop, but very annoying indeed....

Josh-2552
Visitor

OH! where it goes VAIO before it asks for password? gives me chance to plug it in between pressing "on" and entering the password :tongue: you can mute, but that's all

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi JohnFish,

I have managed to stop the animation of the word Vaio in the start-up splash although sadly not the Vaio splash screen altogether but it does seem a little quicker.

Goto Start > All Programs > Vaio Control Center > Initial Setting and remove the tick from show animation, this also removes the sound as well.

Josh-2552
Visitor

yeah, but does it really matter? i mean, its probably preppin up or summat, and its not there for long. anyway, is this only with FS? i have an FS415E, and it does it o mine, althiugh i dont care :wink: