Join now - be part of our community!

Entry splash screen

JohnFish
Visitor

Entry splash screen

Hi guys. Is there anyway to avoid this entry screen displayed every time i turn my pc on? its very annoying to see this splash screen for so much time. Thanks

P.S. I have an FE11S if that makes any difference

18 REPLIES 18
BartK
Visitor

Naturally you cannot remove this.. on any other PC you would get info on detected HDD etc, and that stays on there as long as the Sony logo does + it needs to give EVERY customer the time to enter the BIOS (not only the fast ones)... the animation+ sound is indeed something you can remove.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It p**ses me off on the RA104, as it would load in 22 secs if it wasn't for that!

Josh-2552
Visitor

ye, but it's checkin its got all its bits n bobs before it trys to start, in case it short circuits or damages itself, so if you (could) stop it, it may not do any good if there's any problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
koymik
New

Yeah ithink,, its there for a reason...

TygerTyger
Visitor

Do what I do....turn it on then go and do something else while it loads. :slight_smile:

Josh-2552
Visitor

Do what I do....turn it on then go and do something else while it loads. :slight_smile:

lol that's what i do as well. especially with Norton installed :devil: .

olahoz
Visitor

1)Boot your Vaio FE11S
2)When logo VAIO show, press F2 (to enter BIOS)
3)Look at the options and select "disabled" for logo startup
4)Press F10 to save&exit

It's all

Josh-2552
Visitor

that stops it movin. it still comes up

ponthus
Visitor

My VGN-FE11H takes 22-25 seconds to clear the logo and then as if mocking me, loads and boots up the windows XP with all the apps ready in 16 seconds. I had it sent to service but came back with a reply that it was normal for the series. Now, how can I be put to wait senselessly for 25 secs while any dumb laptop or pc boots up the BIOS in 3 seconds? This really really annoys me.:smileyangry: