Join now - be part of our community!

Error downloading updates

Nerm
Visitor

Error downloading updates

hello can anyone tell me wots going wrong with my updates.
whenever i try to download anyone of the update i get a error message say cant download from FTP. wot is FTP and how can i resolve this problem...thanks

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Looks like the server is down
Try again tomrrow morning, or wait until Monday when hopefully someone has reboot the server

Nerm
Visitor

Hi ive try`d on numerous ocations to download from sony`s update site but still no joy, ive even try`d disableing my firewall just to see if it was that what was preventing the downloads..any other surgestion pls...thanks again

Nerm
Visitor

i have solved my error problem. i said in my last post that i had disabled my firewall. however i had forgot about Windows firewall. iwent into it and disabled it too. im pleased to the that solved the problem and i was able to download my updates from Sony...thanks for you help.

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi Nerm

It's not a good idea to run both firewalls at the same time as I believe they can conflict and provide a lesser degree of protection that using one.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Thats right TR. You should only stick to one firewall. It is pretty senseless using two tools doing the same job - not least because it could confuse Windows (which gets confused easily enough as it is!):smileygrin:

robpaxton
Explorer

And don't forget to re-enable one of your firewalls :wink:

kee-lo_

Allow port 21 to save having this problem again

zina
Visitor

ive got my windows firewall up and i use avg,microsoft antispyware and search and destroy,do you think anything conflicts?

Nerm
Visitor

I never realised that running two firewalls would be less effective so ive disabled windows firewall. i guess i thought that two would be better than one. still ive solved a problem and learned a lesson in one thread two for the price of one. pritty good value i think dont you.... thanks for your help guys..