Join now - be part of our community!

ERROR MESSAGE ON BOOTING UP WIN XPH

abuyahya
Visitor

ERROR MESSAGE ON BOOTING UP WIN XPH

Whenever i start up windows xp home edtn i get error message from norton saying something like "please wait ...installing ."...and then second message "unable to use repair feature please re-instal" . the error i think is from norton security software. as it stops when i remove norton from the start up list of programs.

....is there any way of using norton and getting around this.

...possibly reinstalling norton may do it but not sure how to do this...... i can't see norton specifically by itself in the recovery DVD..... not sure where it is in stalled......

also can we access the hidden partision segment of the hard drive where al these programs are installed.... i'd like to put adobe on my desktop.

thanks for any assistence!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi,

The Norton products on the VAIO only last 30 days, so uninstall it and download AVG from grisoft.com

abuyahya
Visitor

SORRY NORTON EXPIRES IN 3 MONTHS IN TOTAL. its not expired yet. but since purchasing laptap i have had this error. norton works fine but the error msg is annoying as occurs whenever loading up windows. there 's a coreection to first psoting the first msg reads "preparing to instal" with norton 2005 in the header of the msg

anyone know how to extract the programs from the hidden partition

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

If you are still within the trial period I think that you can download the program from here.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
mvanwambeke
Visitor

You can always uninstall the norton antivirus via start-> control panel -> add/remove software

But if you want to install this back again, this has to be done via performing a full recovery.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Or following Rich's link.