Join now - be part of our community!

Erschütterungsprobleme / Lack of antishock?

Sekigahara
Visitor

Erschütterungsprobleme / Lack of antishock?

Mein Prob:
Heute habe ich den vaio pocket das erste mal richtig draussen während des Gehens benützt. Doch nach etwa 1min eines Songs hat er ausgesetzt, wenn ich dann ein wenig stehen bleibe, dann gibts wieder Sound, bis ich wieder ein wenig gehe.

Ich bin normal, ruhig gegangen, das würde selbst der älteste Discman ohne antishock mitmachen, aber der vaio nicht.

Ist das normal ? denn mit sowas kann ich echt nicht leben...

my issue:
Today I used the vaio pocket for the first time while walking.
After walking for about a minute, the vaio stopped playing.
As I stopped walking and waited for ten seconds, the player contiued to play. But again after half a minute walking the player stopped again.

I walked normal, calme (I wasn't running but walking).
Is this a manufacture problem, so the unit is not built right?
Or does the vaio has this less antishock?
(even a ancient CD-Discman would have endured this....)

thanks, seeya

35 REPLIES 35
nemo66
Visitor

-gmx ist "keine amtliche" email adresse
-www.web.de (als Beispiel) ist eine "amtliche" adresse.

Hättest due sowas angegeben dann könntest du sofort verkaufen.
So musst du auf den Brief warten.

Gruß,

Sekigahara
Visitor

naja, stand nichts von "amtlichen" mailadressen etc oder welche amtlich sind.
Es kommt bald ein code per briefpost, den braucht man....

kamtung
Visitor

Before everyone starts killing Sony just because they didn't write something down, it doesn't mean they don't have it. Sony Vaio Pocket has 8MB buffer (or 16MB, either one). When you select a song it puts the song to the buffer.

If you walk and it skips that means there's something wrong with the player or the file. I've walked quickly, and even ran with my Vaio Pocket (for about 30 mins) and it didn't skip a beat. Antishock technologies are all bullcrap. It's best not to run with a hard drive mp3 players - and that include's Sony's NWD-HD1 and Apple iPod, but if you must, then you're bearing the risk of breaking it yourself.

All hard drive mp3 players are not supposed to be moved about too much (except Microdrive ones). Just keep that in mind - but nonetheless the Sony Vaio Pocket should only skip if you keep changing tracks (back/forward/back/forward about 30 times). I did that and the Vaio Pocket crashed lol. Needed to restart it. :slight_smile:

Sekigahara
Visitor

well, even if it does have a bit buffer, it seems that it loads song into that buffer, and leave it like that till it played the buffer thru.
Then i s'pose it loads from new, so there are opportunities where this player could stop playing when I walk.
but it certainly does everytime I walk fast and it has to load a new song......

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You're best getting a player with flash memory for jogging/running

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

True, hopefully I wil be getting my hands on one of Sony's virtually microscopic 128MB MP3 player from my nans shop for an xmas pressie! Will be waiting for several years for the RA104 (hopefully a gigantic price slump in 3 years will make it affordable as PC's in general cannot maintain a high price tag).

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The thing is James it'll be obsolete by then.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

But so what! Its a Sony - and that 7-year old piece of s*** at home worth nothing but scrap iron really is obsolete... I hate the fact technology has to move on so quickly...:smileycry:

Sekigahara
Visitor

yeah, I probably will buy such a flash player (cowon comes with new one with 2GB), or sony nw-hd1....

first I have to sell the other one^^

clubuser
Visitor

BTW - the anti-shock will be much improved with the December firmware upgrade!

CUCU