Join now - be part of our community!

Fadded white spots all along the top line of the LCD screen of FE 21H

chauhanupendra
Visitor

Fadded white spots all along the top line of the LCD screen of FE 21H

Hey Frns,

I have as Vaio FE21 H since last five months! I First noticed this White Fadded spot on top of the LCD one month back! I thought it might be a washed away effect of the Background picture! But as time passed these spots increased & they have become quite a streight line on the top now!

I attach some snaps taken showing those patches!

Can any one tell what the hell is this? It is most visible in the XP Login Screen, & in the normal Desktop with some Back ground Picture its not so obvious!

Is this any way related to Software? I've updated all the updates from Sony as well as Windows!

Is there anything worng with the LCD? If so I must get is replaced as it is still under warrantty!

Please help!

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi chauhanupendra,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

That does not look normal, maybe worth opening a case with Vaio-Link ..

Probably the first thing they will ask you to do is run the Vaio Recovery Utility and recover your vaio back to it's factory settings, so you may wish to do this before contacting them..

Make sure you back up any important data before you run the recovery.. :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi chauhanupendra and welcome to the forum.

This is almost certainly not a software problem. It possibly has something to do with the backlight reflector or a defect in one of the mirror layers, so yes an LCD problem.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
chauhanupendra
Visitor

Thank you both!

I've opened the case in e-support1 Let us see what they suggest.
I've one more doubt, if I need to send the Notebook for diagnose or repairs, is it possible to be done from India? As I'm returning back permanently by the month end, & I bought this in Germany?
any Idea if sony support center are available in India also?

Many Thank once again for prompt help!

chauhanupendra
Visitor

Probably the first thing they will ask you to do is run the Vaio Recovery Utility and recover your vaio back to it's factory settings, so you may wish to do this before contacting them..

Make sure you back up any important data before you run the recovery.. :wink:

when I recover the vaio to its factory setting, will i need to download all the external s/w again? or I can create new Recovery DVDs with current status & runnign those DVDs later would install my current s/w back!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If I were you, I would get a copy of Acronis TrueImage and make a 'mirror' of your C: drive.

I am almost certain a Recovery will not fix your problem - to me it is obviously a hardware fault - and you will then be able to restore the 'mirror' image of drive C: and recover all the software and settings to exactly the same configuration as when you took the image. You will need either an external hard drive, a lot of DVDs or you could put the mirror on drive 😧 if you have space.

Unless you have taken a Worldwide Warranty, your Vaio will normally be collected and delivered back in Europe. I would discuss this with Vaio-Link when they get back to you.

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi chauhanupendra,

As Rich And Blencogo have stated it almost certainly a hardware problem..

You do not have to run the Vaio Recovery Utility..!!!

I was only trying to point out is that when you call Vaio-Link the first thing they may ask you to do is run the recovery Utility, as this has been mentioned by other members when they have contacted vaio-Link, I was just trying to save you some time, but as you've already contacted them I would wait to see what they say before doing a recovery.. :slight_smile:

chauhanupendra
Visitor

got a respond from e-support!
got this new picture for them!
it should be convienet if they have file upload facility in e-support itself! i use this forum for them to show the picture!

till we get file upload in e-supoort! have to use such forums only!
This is the BIOS setup screen! the faded part is clearly visible as a very bright line over the Text "Exit" & "BOOT" menu!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you link to this post in your next message to eSupport they will look at it.