Join now - be part of our community!

Faulty VAIO, appauling customer service!

thespannerman
Explorer

Faulty VAIO, appauling customer service!

Please could I have a proper email address for someone at Sony UK Customer Services please, further delay tactics by Sony are unacceptable. I ordered this as a custom-built unit direct from Sony and paid for it at the end of November 2013. I received it at the beginning of December 2013, but it worked for less than 3 weeks. It was returned for repair on January 2, 2014 and although it has been acknowledged as a built failure Sony have refused to carry out suitable repairs. I understand that this is a World-wide problem and is well known to Sony but Sony continue to ignore my statutory rights. I am a university student and I not only have money tied up in a laptop that I don't have but I'm also putting my degree on the line as there are tasks I cannot complete as I don't have my laptop, and without the tasks cannot complete my degree!
I have been in talks with Sony now for weeks and all I get is delay tactics, messages saying I'll have my situation resolved soon, followed by emails with excuses and apologies for not being able to provide any information at all. It is an unacceptable and inappropriate way to treat customers!
4 REPLIES 4
HarlieIT
New

Hi,
I've just logged a fault on a Vaio laptop and I notice you referenced a worldwide problem - can you give me more details of that problem because my laptop has really bad wireless performance, a battery that's reporting critical after 3 months use, an SSD drive with 1300+ errors and a touchpad that thinks it's switched off but is working perfectly (that's today's new problem)...
Thanks
sgdavies

I was given this information, because I was at my wits end with Sony's so called "Support"

Sony Customer Relations Office, please use the email below:

Cro.en@eu.sony.com

I have emailed them, but as yet no reply.

thespannerman
Explorer

It's a problem with the newly-released Fit-E and concerns the thermo-regulator chip in the heat sink I believe, causes the laptop to shut off after a short amount of time! Been sent back to Sony a month or so ago, was supposed to be back to me within a week, not had anything from Sony at all in over a week! It's plain disgraceful!
thespannerman
Explorer

I'm taking advice for taking action for recovery and damages against Sony, it may be possible to get other to join in a class action.