Join now - be part of our community!

FE31M Humming/cracking/scratchy sound with SigmaTel High Def

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

FE31M Humming/cracking/scratchy sound with SigmaTel High Def

Now I have been having this problem since I installed Windows Vista. It's very annoying and keep bugging me every time. I listen to a lot of music and also edit music and sound. This humming/cracking/scratchy sound see attachment for download sound(whatever you wanna call it) is VERY bad. Nobody seems to be able to help me with this one. I also can't get new drivers since SigmaTel are a bunch of idiots for not putting new drivers or updates on their website.

I have a FE31M laptop with SigmaTel High Definition AUDIO CODEC
Driver date: 17-11-2006
Driver version: 6.10.0.5286

What did I notice :slight_frown: :
- Always on the left side of my 2 speaker the right side does NEVER make this sound (see attachment)
- Sounds like a damaged your speaker
- When I restart laptop the annoying sound is gone
- It randomly happens. Most of the time when I shut down computer and start it all over again. If my laptop starts without this problem I will not hear it again unless I hibernate, restart or shut down and start again.

DO NOT :smileygrin: :
- Suggest I broke my speakers or headphones. Tried 8 headphones and all of them had that annoying sound. And also all of them didn't have the sound when I restarted the laptop.
- Suggest to download the driver and install it again (did that 3 times) also uninstalling and installing you name it I did it.
- Suggest to reinstall Vista (did that a week ago and guess what the problem is still there)
- Suggest to install the drivers from SONY. They DON'T solve the problem. Unless your able to find a more up to date driver for me. (I'm thinking about using driver of another Sony Vaio Laptop Model didn't try that yet).

I would like to call Sony or leave a message at SigmaTel, but before I start doing that I wanted to know if somebody here can fix the problem or HAS the same problem. Just like the past thread "Clicking hard disk sound FE11S sequel" I made in the past I hope to get together to a solution.

All thanks in advance.

16 REPLIES 16
Carelino
Visitor

Guess there are only 2 people in the world with this problem :laughing:

drockoning
Visitor

Just an update to keep you updated from my search for the answer.

I have contacted Sony's e-support. I took the liberty to use your detailed description of the problem to describe mine as they are exactly the same, and told them explicitly not to suggest that my speaker is broken.

They gave me the following answer:

"Thank you for contacting us,

It seems that your speaker is fault and looks like you have done everything possible to try and solve this so we would need to pick this up and arrange a repair.

if you wish we can contact you by phone and arrange this, please reply with the best date and time to call you and also your best daytime contact number.

If you wish you can call us on 020 346 93 03

Regards

Claire
Sony Vaio Team "

I gave them my number and now I am waiting for them to contact me.

drockoning
Visitor

Of course I am not going to send my laptop to Sony to let them try to repair a speaker that is not broken...

Carelino
Visitor

Hehehe lol, they just reinstall vista and send it back telling its working and within a week you have a scratchy sound again. I really think there is something wrong with the driver. I cannot go a day without my laptop now, lots of work need to be done, so I'm stuck with the problem...and nobody here seems to know the solution or has the problem exept 1 person....

While Sony is at it maybe they can fix the damm issue with the wireless internet lost when hiberated wich has been like this for over 3/4 of year. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FIX SOMETHING! if it's not SONY who can fix it they should contact Windows a kick some asses to DO something.

Sigh if I don't watch it might get frustrated.

OH drockoning DID YOU TELL SONY THAT YOU ALSO HAVE THE SCRATCHY SOUND WHEN YOU USE HEADPHONES AND TRIED 8 OF THEM WICH ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM???? Now I really wonder how they can blame the speakers if my headphones are all having the simialar problem.....Next suggestion would be to replace my sound card.....I wouldn't surprise me.

PLEASE PEOPLE ANYBODY HAVING THIS PROBLEM PLEASE SHARE IT EVEN IF YOU DON'T! If you dont we might be able to compare what's diffrent. Tell us your driverversion and date en model of your laptop THX AHEAD.

drockoning
Visitor

I did tell them I have the same problem with my headphones... They just don't read.

Carelino
Visitor

:laughing:

Carelino
Visitor

Hmmmz after all this time there are only two people with this problem??? Either people are deaf or 2 people are crazy.

Just to POINT out to all af YA dell users with YEAH INDEED with SIgmatel Audio are experiancing the same issues. Take a look at this link

Come on people work with me maybe some of the administrators can tell the Sony people to take a look at this very annoying issue and bring out drivers wich are more up to date and resolves the issue.

I could send my laptop BUT it happens radomly....afraid they will tel me nothing is wrong...yet it happens...SONY DO SOMETHING! This problem never occurred in Windows XP but Vista **** me up again....