Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-TX5XN Firewire and USB port failure

bradleyatkins
Visitor

VGN-TX5XN Firewire and USB port failure

Hi

About the beginning of the year I bought a Sony Vaio VGN-TX5XN running Windows Vista Business Edition specifically to drive a Canon 1DS2 camera via the fire-wire port; this camera works well connected to my VGN-FE11S running Windows XP.

I found when I installed the canon software on the Vista machine it would work but if I switched the camera off and moved to a new location then switched the camera back on the following happened: -

1) Windows did not detect the camera reconnecting
2) The USB Port also stopped working
3) The laptop would not reboot forcing me to disconnect the battery and go through the pain of waiting ten minutes for Vista to fire up again.

It has taken Canon almost a year to get to the point where they are telling me that this is the only Vista PC in the world with this problem so Sony must have screwed up in the design, they are refusing to take this further for me.

Would it be possible for the Sony development team responsible for this laptop to contact me presumably via a private message so that I can pass them on the support call details for Canon? I am hoping that you can tell Canon they need to simply strobe a pin or something in order for them to update their driver to be able to handle the VGN-TX5XN. Perhaps they will talk to you where they are refusing to talk to me.

Regards

Bradley

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Bradley,

I have sent you a Private Message (PM)

:wink: