Join now - be part of our community!

FE41S wireless strange shutdown

gerardpuducul
Visitor

FE41S wireless strange shutdown

hy all!

I have a strange problem with my FE41S under windows VISTA. Sometime the wireless (Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG) shutdown (the green led switch off) and i can't power on it. I must reboot my notebook if i want to use wireless again (and in this case the reboot is very long (in fact the power off is very long)). This problem seems appears more often when I transfer big file (for example when i download a music from itune or when I transfer file on my network via wireless).

I have upgrade with the latest intel driver for vista.
I have try to change power setting for the wireless adapter.

But nothing change!!

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22
PaBa
Visitor

Afraid I have encountered the same difficulty. It has happened a number of times recently, even after a clean install of Vista Ultimate (which certainly has speeded up my system following an upgrade from Windows XP to Vista Home Premium). Would be interested to hear from others on the wireless problem. My laptop is a VGN-C1Z

calikid
Visitor

Yes, i have a VGN-C2Z, the wireless shuts down by itself. it happened several times this month !
Any special reason?

profile.country.en_GR.title
evpapad85
Visitor

Yes, to me too. 😞
I wish I new how I could solve the problem.

gerardpuducul
Visitor

hy all my new friend!!

So the good thing for me is that i'm not alone with this problem!!

the bad thing for us is that anybody have a solution!

No new idea?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I haven't tried it but I understand disabling TCP/IPv6 can cure this problem. IPv6 is the new next generation IP included in Vista.

Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Centre -> Manage Network Connections and right-click on your wireless connection and choose Properties. Clear the check box next to the Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) component in the list under "This connection uses the following items". This method disables IPv6 on your WLAN interfaces and connections and forces Vista to use the older Internet Protocol TCP/IPv4.

Worth a try as you can always enable it again if it doesn't help.

:wink:

seafarer77
Visitor

I have VAIO VGN-FE41Z and the same problem... I tried several Wi-Fi routers of different manufacturers, tried to call my ISP - but no positive results. Sometimes Wi-Fi shuts down on its own, without any reason...

gerardpuducul
Visitor

I haven't tried it but I understand disabling TCP/IPv6 can cure this problem. IPv6 is the new next generation IP included in Vista.

Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Centre -> Manage Network Connections and right-click on your wireless connection and choose Properties. Clear the check box next to the Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) component in the list under "This connection uses the following items". This method disables IPv6 on your WLAN interfaces and connections and forces Vista to use the older Internet Protocol TCP/IPv4.

Worth a try as you can always enable it again if it doesn't help.

:wink:

Thanks

I will try with IP6 disable!!

I hope it will solve!! i will come back to said the result!!

profile.country.en_GR.title
evpapad85
Visitor

I will try this trick too! I hope it will solve the problem. :slight_smile:
Thanks man!

gerardpuducul
Visitor

I have try with IP6 disable!!

same issue!! :slight_frown: :slight_frown:

another idea?