Join now - be part of our community!

FE41S wireless strange shutdown

gerardpuducul
Visitor

FE41S wireless strange shutdown

hy all!

I have a strange problem with my FE41S under windows VISTA. Sometime the wireless (Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG) shutdown (the green led switch off) and i can't power on it. I must reboot my notebook if i want to use wireless again (and in this case the reboot is very long (in fact the power off is very long)). This problem seems appears more often when I transfer big file (for example when i download a music from itune or when I transfer file on my network via wireless).

I have upgrade with the latest intel driver for vista.
I have try to change power setting for the wireless adapter.

But nothing change!!

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22
MattWilson
Visitor

I have read that if you uninstall the Intel drivers for the network card and allow the microsoft's own drivers run it then you have no problems anymore but i have no idea whether it really works.

Anything is worth a try though!

profile.country.en_GR.title
evpapad85
Visitor

I checked to see whether My Club Vaio was keeping my wireless adapter driver updated and found out that it was not! So I replaced my version (11.1.0.86, 25/2/2007) with the latest version (11.1.1.11, 30/4/2007), which I downloaded from here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2259&OSFullName=Windows+V...

I hope that this will solve our problem.

gerardpuducul
Visitor

I checked to see whether My Club Vaio was keeping my wireless adapter driver updated and found out that it was not! So I replaced my version (11.1.0.86, 25/2/2007) with the latest version (11.1.1.11, 30/4/2007), which I downloaded from here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2259&OSFullName=Windows+V...

I hope that this will solve our problem.

I have already upgrade to these drivers!!!

same issue!!

calikid
Visitor

I ' ll try both tricks, Blencogo's IP6 disable and evenpap's update and i will let you know. Thank you all for the problem solving ideas.

evpapad85
Visitor

Three days have passed, after the driver update, and my wireless adapter hasn't switched off. This doesn't prove anything, but it gives me hope.

willcox
Visitor

Hmmm.

I have the same problem with my AR21S, but i'm NOT running Vista. It has only started happening this month.

Any ideas?

evpapad85
Visitor

How about downloading the latest wireless LAN driver for Windows XP?

willcox
Visitor

How about downloading the latest wireless LAN driver for Windows XP?

I'm not sure how to do this. I've typed in "windows XP wireless LAN driver" on google and the microsft website and i have no idea which to download.

willcox
Visitor

is this perhaps a power management issue?

The only reason why i ask is that if i keep the connection busy (i.e. internet radio) i do not suffer the same problems being disconnected every few minutes.

gerardpuducul
Visitor

hy all!!
this is strange that only some of us has this problem!
maybe this will come from special configuration of our system!
So we can list our configuration (or maybe things that seems differents from standart configuration?) and maybe found where the problem come from?
In my computer FE41S, i have :
- windows vista premium
- kaspersky anti-virus 6.0.2.621
- 2 admin account
- driver for Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945 v11.1.1.11
- my network is protected by WPA

and you? :thinking: