Join now - be part of our community!

Few questions from a 1st time vaio user

Indy89
Visitor

Few questions from a 1st time vaio user

I have got a Sony Vaio AR21S and have got a few questions.

1. One of my games only has square screen resolution options and will the black bars either side of screen cause screen burn in?

2. I have got MCE and WinDVD for vaio and was wondering if there is any way to do ratio change of zoon when playing a DVD?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
skykit84
New

Hi and welcome to the forums...

In order of questions...

1. Burn-in is something that happens on LCD screens such as your laptop. This is something more for plasma screens for instance as on an LCD, there is nothing to "burn" compared to a plasma.
Having said that, there is something called image persistence whch may happen. You can usually remove this by displaying a white screen (pure white ) for 15-20mins.

2. Do you mean aspect ration on DVDs? I normally right click on the screen and change it there. If you cant find it, let me know, i dont have a DVD to hand but I can play one in WinDVD and check. I know it is there though.

Indy89
Visitor

Hi and welcome to the forums...

In order of questions...

1. Burn-in is something that happens on LCD screens such as your laptop. This is something more for plasma screens for instance as on an LCD, there is nothing to "burn" compared to a plasma.
Having said that, there is something called image persistence whch may happen. You can usually remove this by displaying a white screen (pure white ) for 15-20mins.

2. Do you mean aspect ration on DVDs? I normally right click on the screen and change it there. If you cant find it, let me know, i dont have a DVD to hand but I can play one in WinDVD and check. I know it is there though.

Thanks for the reply.

1. One of the games I got only has 1024x768, 1280x1024 or 1600x1200 res options and wondered if it would cause damage to the screen over use with there being a black bar either side.

2. Yeh thats it what im looking for. Just had a look but couldnt find it in menu.

skykit84
New

Thanks for the reply.

1. One of the games I got only has 1024x768, 1280x1024 or 1600x1200 res options and wondered if it would cause damage to the screen over use with there being a black bar either side.

2. Yeh thats it what im looking for. Just had a look but couldnt find it in menu.

Ok
1. As I said, LCD's don't suffer from burn-ins as plasmas and convential CRTs might do so dont worry about it.

2. I just had a look in Windvd7 and you're right, its not there. I did however right click and find "video panel" which brought up another screen. There on the right hand side, youcan change the ratio

Indy89
Visitor

Thanks for the help.