Join now - be part of our community!

Paint Job

deanwebley
Visitor

Paint Job

Hello there
I recently bought a sony vaio VGN-AR11M and have been very saatisified with the machine.
the machine has unfortunatley suffered some cosmetic damage around the keyboard where the paint has become faded and worn, it is not pleasant. I was wondering if sony sell any paint for the machine or an entirely new top section for the machine as the damage is very displeasing.

Thankyou very much

-

1 REPLY 1
skykit84
New

Hello there
I recently bought a sony vaio VGN-AR11M and have been very saatisified with the machine.
the machine has unfortunatley suffered some cosmetic damage around the keyboard where the paint has become faded and worn, it is not pleasant. I was wondering if sony sell any paint for the machine or an entirely new top section for the machine as the damage is very displeasing.

Thankyou very much

-

I work in repairs myself and about a year ago, my boss got a crazy idea about re-spraying an old laptop we had stored for spares/bin
He bought Audi Grey car spray from the local car shop and used it on the laptop casing

The first attempt was very bad because he/we had never used a spray such as that and knew nothing about how far to keep the nozzle from the laptop case
however, having practiced on a box, we then tried again and it finished off very nicely!
I know many use it on computer cases too

just an idea but you'd have to be very brave :slight_smile: