Join now - be part of our community!

Fimware Update for Matsushita UJ-841

ErichSilva
Visitor

Fimware Update for Matsushita UJ-841

I posted a question to VAIO support, but haven't received an answer. Here is the question I posted:

Fimware Update for Matsushita UJ-841 is correctly updated but message still shows:

"Update programs which have been already downloaded. Finish the intallation by following the Installation Instructions shown when clicking the program name."

Really annoying because I want to have the "VAIO update notification" running in the system tray if an update becomes available, but now I have to turn it off becaue of the Firmware update notification error...

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue besides turning the notifyer off?

TIA- Erich-

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Erich,

Welcome to Club Vaio

If you let me know what vaio model you have & the update link, I'll forward this on for you.. :slight_smile:

ErichSilva
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks.

I have the VGN-FS495VP series.

I appreciate it-

Cheers,
Erich

ErichSilva
Visitor

I forgot the update link... It is:

http://www.vaio-link.com/vu/vu21/vu21.asp?l=en

Thanks again,
Erich

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I've forwarded the problem on for you Erich, hopefully it will be sorted soon.. :slight_smile:

ErichSilva
Visitor

Thanks alot.

I like when things work properly as I'm sure you do too.

Cheers for now,
Erich

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

The last time this problem came up it was caused by the update procedure not being precisely followed. I seem to remember that it was caused by not opening & closing the drive tray at the right times . .

It may be worthwhile trying the whole update again making sure that the drive tray procedure is carefully followed. HTH..

ErichSilva
Visitor

Thanks Rob,

I definatally had the drive open like I should. This is the second VAIO I've had as well. So I have done this process before.

Thanks anyway,
Cheers,
Erich

profile.country.BE.title
SonySQE
Community Team

This should be solved now.
Could you please confirm?